BLACK WOMEN’S EQUAL PAY DAY 2016 EVENTS
#ClockOut4EqualPay #BlackWomensEqualPay #60Cents
Now – August 23:
Atlanta Women for Equality’s #ClockOut4EqualPay project
Tuesday, August 23:
- What: The #Slay4EqualPay! Twitter Chat will create a public conversation about the importance of Black women’s equal pay. Please join us to share your thoughts on what #EqualPayNOW means to you and your families. Special guest TBA!
- When: 6-8PM
- Where: Twitter @9to5Atlanta
- Facebook event page
- What: This discussion is hosted by Rep. Donna Bullock and the Women’s Law Project. We’ll discuss: Pennsylvania’s broken equal pay law, the stalled minimum wage legislation, discrimination and how these issues inform the gender and racial pay gaps, and affect Black female workers and Black families in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania. One of the goals of this roundtable is also to highlight the scarcity of Black female members of PA’s General Assembly (7 out of 253 members are Black women), listen to lawmakers share stories and experiences of challenges they face fixing the problems they see in their community in Harrisburg… and explore what we can all do to push forward.
- When: 3PM
- Where: Philadelphia City Hall, 4th Floor Caucus Room, 1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- For more information, contact Rep. Bullock’s office: 215-684-3738
Sunday, August 28:
Rally for the Dream Rally, game, and press conference:
- What: Rally, followed by an Atlanta Dream basketball game and press conference with team players after the game
- When: 1PM – Black Women’s Equal Pay Day Rally; 3PM – Atlanta Dream game with press conference after the game
- Where: Philips Arena, 1 Philips Dr, Atlanta, GA 30303
- For more information or to reserve a free or discounted ticket, contact Erica at email@example.com.